Measuring Changes in Motion Unit
In this unit, we will be studying contact and non-contact forces. We will focus on push and pull, friction, air resistance, and gravity. We will also discuss magnetic forces and electrical forces.
Activity 5: Tug of War
Evidence of a Force:
- A change in motion
1. A stationary object starts to move
2. A moving object starts to speed up
3. A moving object starts to slow down or stop
4. A moving object changes directions
- Combination of all forces acting on an object
- When the net force on an object is zero.
- Balanced forces don't cause a change in motion
- When the net force of an object is greater than zero
- Unbalanced forces cause a change in motion
"Tug of War" movie clip
After watching the "Tug of War" movie clip, explain how the game of Tug of War demonstrates balanced and unbalnced forces.
Activity 6: Carts and Weights
Click link to access: Carts and Weights activity
Found At Wonderopolis.org