1. Requesting a Subject Directions
Link to directions
Due Date: Monday April 15th
2. Research 1st Step
1. Build your knowledge about your subject. Read books, magazines, encyclopedias to learn about your subject. Watch TV shows and documentaries to learn about your subject.
2. Think about what your subject accomplished. What did he or she do?
3. Think about how your subject changed the United States of America. How did his or her accomplishments change what happened in the US.
1. Grace A. Dow Library
2. Grace A Dow Internet Resources
- Link to directions
3. Other Online Resources
3. Research 2nd Step
1. List what happened in your subject's
- Include dates.
Sketch out a timeline that shows your subjects most important accomplishments in chronological order. Start with birth and end with death.
Write a sentence explaining why you included each moment
- Timeline Graphic Organizer
Create a list of words and phrases that describe your subject. (Use pen and paper)
Rank the words (Use pen and paper)
Write a sentence explaining why you chose each word or phrase.
- Wordle Graphic Organizer
Create an educational poster about your subject.
Please include your subject's name, subject's image and 4 illustrations with captions.
Write your speech. Try to share the most important accomplishments of your subject and how your subject changed history.
1. Home page
2. Timeline page: use padlet to create a timeline to paste to your site
3. Wordle page: create a wordle and paste to your site
4. Take a picture of your poster and paste to your site
5. Type your speech and attach a copy to your site.
9. Wax Museum
Thursday May 23, 2013
9:00 - 10:00 in the school gym